8/10 POLE ART
9/10 AERIAL ART – Aerial Sling | Aerial Silks | Aerial Hoop
The National and International Pole & Aerial Art Championship 2022 in Greece is here brought to you by Hellenic Pole and Aerial Acrobatics Sports Federation, by POSA-Pole Sports & Arts World Federation.
- The deadline for completing your registration form and sending your application along with your video is 30/07.
- Each contestant, after video entry qualification, has to provide organisers with music of their own choice in MP3, MP4 format. A USB stick has to be provided when required on competition day.
- Competition is open to all contestants of all nationalities as well as dance schools, studios, organisations representatives as any other private representatives.
- Please note that semi pro level is only applicable for Senior Women/Men Categories and does not qualify for the National World Championship.
- All athletes under 18 must have an approved guardian with signatory authority.
- To be fully responsible for their personal health condition and ability to compete. To avoid injury all athletes must not undertake elements they are not fully confident and secure in.
- Upon request the athlete may be required to produce documentation from a doctor as confirmation of good health and fitness level. All information will be held confidentially.
- It’s allowed to use shoes, hats, glasses, any additional clothes and objects if the idea of the performance requires it.
- It’s prohibited to use fire, animals, objects which can create danger for the health and security (like knifes, glass, liquids, etc)
- Any sexual or erotic moves during the performance are strictly prohibited as well as it’s not allowed to touch the intimate parts of the body meanwhile you exhibit.The athlete has to show that he cared about his costume, make-up, hair style, etc. The hair doesn’t have to cover the face or create the problems of visibility during the performance. In case of using any special body art, make up, temporary tattoo or any other “paintings or liquids” for creating any stage effect the participant has to be sure that it doesn’t leave the stage and the poles dirty and doesn’t create any problems for other participants and organisers.
- It’s absolutely prohibited any nudity in the costume, full nudity, topless costumes, g- strings, tanga, too open costumes which make visible the intimate parts of the body and any erotic underwear. For men it’s allowed to perform with the nude upper part of the body.
- It’s not allowed to use any costumes which help to have better grip, for example latex or leather suits, gloves, leggings with grip, etc.
- The judges can disqualify the athlete who doesn’t follow the rules or create dangerous situations for herself/himself or for other participants.
- It’s prohibited to put ANY GRIP on the poles, but you can freely use any grips for your hands and body. It’s not allowed to use any hand or body creams, oils and lotions which can create any “slipping situation” on the pole or on the stage.
- Each contestant should know the competition’s rules and regulations.
- National Emblem to be sewn on the front side of costume or at the hip or on the top of the costume, chest or shoulders.
- The judges have the right to move the athlete to the other category according to his performing and sportive skills.
- All Greek athletes competing must be members of the Hellenic Pole and Aerial Acrobatics Sports Federation.
- Do not forget that you must complete your anti-doping registration 3 months prior to the Championship. Find all the necessary information in the link below: https://hpsaf.gr/posa-
- Pole & Aerial Art Rules & Regulations: https://www.posaworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Pole-Art-Rules_nw.pdf
Beginning of registrations (application form+video entry): 01/07
Participants’ deadline registration application form + attached video: 30/7
Publication of participants’ final list: 10/08
Last term to send MP3 audio track and other info: 20/09
How to register:
– filling the registration form in https://hpsaf.gr/pole_
Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. The duration should be at least 1:30 minutes.Several tools are at your disposal, such as YouTube.
It is possible to upload your video as private so that only the persons having the link at their disposal can
– payment of the registration fee, using the athlete’s name and providing the proof of payment.
* Registration fee is not refundable
- Video must be well lit, with performer / -s and poles easily visible.
- Applicants are required to use two poles; 1 static, 1 spin, and must demonstrate trick combinations on both
- Video must not include or show any other person than the applicant
- Video length must be a minimum 1:30 mins
- Video cannot be edited in any way; it must show continuous dance performance of the applicant (eg: may not fade in from one trick and out to another).
- Video must be upright for viewing – not sideways
- Video: production, music etc… must be royalty-free.
- HPSAF does not take responsibility for copyright issues and whatever claims against the video are made will be passed on to the applicant.
If the athlete chooses to have a video projection, video art and music must be in one file.
On 10/08 a list of chosen athletes/artists for the final competition will be published.
- Varsity 6-9 (Single): 20€
- Junior 10-14 (Single): 25€
- Junior 15-17 (Single): 25€
- Junior 15-17 (Double): 40€
- Junior 15-17 (Group): 20€ / athlete
- Senior Men / Women 18-40 (Single): 45€
- Senior Men / Women (Double): 70€
- Senior Group: 30€ / athlete
- Master Men / Women 40+ (Single): 45€
- Master Men / Women 40+ (Double): 70€
- Master Group 40+: 30€ / athlete
- Master Men / Women 50+ (Single): 45€
- Master Men / Women 50+ (Double): 70€
- Master Group 50+: 30€ / athlete
- Senior Para pole Men / Women: 30€
- Senior Para pole Men / Women (Double): 50€
- Senior Para pole Men / Women Group: 20€ / athlete
Deposit your fees using the below details
- Height: 4 meters.
- Diameter: 45 mm.
- The distance between the poles is 3 meters.
Coating: chrome or stainless steel (Nickel free only)
Static pole must always be on the left side of the stage from the audience’s point of view and the spinning pole on the right side.
- There is a special area in the center of the stage and under the sling which is covered with a mat or judo mat. The size of mats is 2*2 meters and they mustn’t be thinner than 20sm. The sling must be fixed at a height of 6 metres. The sling includes windlass (automatic or mechanical) suitable for periodic change of aerial apparatus.
- The distance from mats to the edge of the stage (front, back and both sides of the stage) is 3 meters as minimum. There mustn’t be any foreign objects on the stage.
- The distance of the aerial apparatus (hoop, sling, cube, etc.) from the athlete’s head should be 0.50-0.80m.